THE BEVERLY HILLS/HOLLYWOOD NAACP ANNOUNCES DATES FOR THE 2014 THEATRE AWARDS SHOW & FESTIVAL WEEKEND
THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED. TO VIEW THE UPDATED POST, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
The Board of Directors of the Beverly Hills/Hollywood NAACP and Byron K. Reed, Co-Chairman of the NAACP Theatre Awards Show & Festival in partnership with Councilman Bernard Parks/City of Los Angeles, Wells Fargo and Rent-A-Center are pleased to announce the dates for the 2014 NAACP Theatre Awards Show and Festival Weekend.
Slated for September 12th thru 14th 2014, at the world-class 500 seat AT&T Theatre Center in downtown Los Angeles, the NAACP Theatre Festival’s Opening Night VIP Reception (Friday 9-12-2014) will feature the return of first-time playwright Kinnik Sky’s Award Winning Play “Sunday Mourning”. “Sunday Mourning” garnered seven nominations and three NAACP Theatre Award wins in 2012.
Renown Theatre, Television and Film Actor, Carl Gilliard will host the 2014 NAACP Production of 10-Minute Plays (Saturday 9-13-2014 and Sunday 9-14-2014). Enjoy two-days of short-quick entertainment plays that will cover a variety of genres including comedy, drama, action, and other focuses.
About the NAACP Theatre Festival
The mission of the NAACP Theatre Festival is to create a platform for a diversity of new works and theatre artists to highlight their talents as well as inspire creativity and encourage learning skills while being entertained. Some of the top professionals in the entertainment industry will be on hand to educate and share their knowledge while others will come simply to entertain.
Over the past five years, the NAACP Theatre Festival has proven to be a significant contributor in building the Los Angeles Arts communities and crossing bridges in the relatively tight-knit but expansive world of Theatre. For artists of color, this Festival provides a cultural landscape for them to highlight their creative expression as well as theatrical performances while producing workshops involving collaborations with Theatre Groups from home and abroad, building essential skills and sharing experiences. The Festival is a great networking tool.
The star-studded NACCP Theatre Awards Show culminates the weekend of festivities on Monday, September 15, 2014. Hosts and Honorees to be announced.
Calling All Playwrights
Last Call for Play Submissions – Submit before July 10, 2014 for Consideration
* Your entry must have a cover letter complete with email address and a direct contact number
* Character Breakdown Page (1-6 characters)
* Brief Synopsis Page
* The Play: Number each page, no more than 10 pages, standard business font 12’
* Minimal Props and costumes (PLAYS ARE BLACK BOX)
* Limited violence, if any and no use of the “N” word
* EMAIL PLAYS TO: email@example.com
* MAIL TO: Beverly Hills/Hollywood NAACP-Attn: Kim Jackson, 1680 N Vine Street, Suite 506, Hollywood, CA 90028
* Staple or paperclip the play, no folders or binders (Plays cannot be returned)
* Submit a high resolution photo of Playwright (300+ DPI only)
* Photos are for use in Program Books. Low res photos will not be utilized
* If you need actors for your piece, we offer our Actors Pool Service (often includes celebrity actor participants)
* $20 ENTRY FEE (you may submit multiple plays, each accompanied by $20 entry fee)
Only 20 plays will be selected to participate in the 2014 NAACP Theatre Festival. The plays will be selected by the NAACP Theatre Festival Committee and Carl Gilliard. Selected playwrights will be contacted via email/phone and the selected plays will be posted on their website at: www.naacptheatreawards.com
This is our blog. We like to keep you informed so come on, read all about it!
Like Us on facebook!
SoulProsper Media Group
News you can use is on tap when you read the SP Media Blog. This is your one stop destination for the gospel music news, press releases and other information. Don't be fooled, this information isn't everywhere, but it is HERE in the SoulProsper Media Group blog.
Examiner.comRead all of Fred's published gospel music articles here.